Hi there. Welcome to my new web site, called And Now…
Some of the content on this site will be republished content from earlier sites, edited for clarity and timeliness where required. Reposts will be noted.
- Digitising Negatives by DSLRThe Problem to be Solved For many years, I have struggled through the process of scanning old negatives using a flatbed scanner. I even wrote a post on the particular… Read more: Digitising Negatives by DSLR
- Wellington SpotsA colleague is new to the Wellington area and frequently says she has no idea what we’re talking about when people in the office talk about nearby localities. When I… Read more: Wellington Spots
- “Information” versus “Documents”Documents and information are two very different things and using the tools for one to produce the other can needlessly complicate your audience.
- Reading Stream Files in RPGWhile working on a task to parse IBM MQ logs for a web front end, I needed to solve a couple of problems: Wrangle the log files into something far… Read more: Reading Stream Files in RPG
- Useful Linux CommandsI created this page to share some ‘beyond basic’ Linux commands that I have needed to devise to solve specific problems. Partly this is documentation for my own purposes (though… Read more: Useful Linux Commands